We have graduation ceremonies on campus this week and Magister Commercii, Master of Commerce, students graduated this morning. We are proud to list the students and the topics of their thesis.
- Ilandi Bezuidenhout – The men by the side of the road: Determinants of the wages of day labourers.
- Du Toit Niemand – Analysing the spatial persistence of population and wealth during Apartheid.
- Mia van der Linde – An analysis of the polarisation of the South African labour market.
- Christelle Viljoen – An analysis of the economic geography of labour market outcomes in South Africa.
In Risk Management:
- Joubert de Villiers – The relationship between exchange rate volatility and portfolio inflow in South Africa.
- Hestia Stoffberg – Assessing the suitability of regulatory asset correlations applied to South African loan losses.
In International Trade:
- Chrislemien Groenewald – Analysing the effectiveness of trade facilitation in South Africa.
- Francois van Heerden – Identifying employment-intensive export sectors in South Africa’s services industry.
Congratulations to the students and supervisors.