The first colloquium of the year is also known as the “pitch” colloquium where students pitch their research ideas to get some feedback before they get too far down the road. Yesterday the Master’s students in Risk Management / Finance presented their ideas. Here is a quick list of topics:
- Michaela Zietsman will be looking at enhancing options trading using volatility forecasting.
- Johnny Janse van Rensburg wants to examine the business cycle and performance measures.
- Margarethe Grobbelaar aims to evaluate the more reliable performance measures for the JSE top-100.
- Ben Volkwyn will analyse equity market-neutral trading strategies and market efficiency, and
- Wico du Toit is setting out to identify indicators of financial crises.
We wish them all the best of luck with their studies in 2016.