Yesterday Master’s degrees were conferred at the Autumn graduation ceremony and the School is proud of the crop of newly minted experts in their fields!
- Hardus Louw: The relationship between the financial sector and economic growth in South Africa (Supervisors: Prof Blaauw & Dr Pretorius).
- Sandra Makumbirofa: Analysing and forecasting qualified labour demand in the South African hotel accommodation sector (Supervisor: Prof Saayman).
- Maryke van Zyl: Energy-intensive clusters in the gold mining supply chain: Implications for energy policy (Supervisors: Drs Wait & Rossouw).
MCom International Trade:
- Johan Malan: An analysis of export and employment opportunities for the South African manufacturing industry (Supervisors: Dr Steenkamp, Prof Viviers & Dr Rossouw).
MCom in Risk Management:
- Fortue Murambadoro: Dissecting the transmission of financial shocks to household income distribution in South Africa (Supervisors: Dr Rossouw & Prof van Heerden)
- Margitte van den Berg: Estimating the weights assigned to determinants of emerging market sovereign ratings (Supervisor: Dr Pretorius).
- Robert Viljoen: The reaction of South African dual-listed stock prices to international public announcements (Supervisor: Prof van Heerden).